Fully modular car park guardrail safety barrier system, incorporating architectural excellence and superior design.
RHINO-STOP® Elite Car Park Guardrail
- Guardrail crash tested to demonstrate compliance with AS/NZS 2890.1: Parking Facilities – Off Street Car Parking.
- Crash tested on the perimeter edge of 150mm thick suspended concrete slab with no damage to the anchor bolts or concrete.
- Compliant to the 40kN impact load (Type G) described in AS/NZS 1170.1: Structural Design Actions, Part 1.
- Compliant to the 30kN impact load (Type F) described in AS/NZS 1170.1: Structural Design Actions, Part 1.
- Crash tested with a 2000kg vehicle impacting the barrier 1m above floor level, travelling at 20km/h at an angle of 90 degrees.
- System height: 1100mm with option of a 1300mm sight rail.
- Post spacing: 2.3m.
- Number of anchor bolts per post: 2 off M20, minimum embedment depth 100mm.
- Hot dip galvanised with option of powder-coated finish.
- RHINO-STOP Elite Guardrail FAQs
How does Rhino-Stop® Elite Function?
RHINO-STOP Elite features specially engineered base plates that are designed to yield upon impact and absorb the kinetic energy of the impacting vehicle. This reduces the forces transferred through the anchor bolts and prevents damage to the concrete substrate.
What standards does Rhino-Stop® Elite comply with?
RHINO-STOP Elite has been crash tested to comply with the 40kN Type G impact load (Medium Traffic Areas) and the 30kN Type impact load (Light Traffic Areas) described in AS/NZS 1170.1).
What crash testing has been performed with Rhino-Stop® Elite?
The Type G impact was performed using a 2000kg vehicle travelling at 20km/h impacting 1m above floor level. This impact condition demonstrates the ability of RHINO-STOP Elite to contain heavy vehicles with a high centre of gravity and is highly representative of the large number of SUVs using Australian carparks.
The Type F impact was performed using a 1500kg vehicle travelling at 15km/h impacting 0.5m above floor level.