Zero footprint car park guardrail safety barrier, positioned on the outer edge of the concrete deck, preserving valuable deck space.
RHINO-STOP® Sky-Edge Guardrail
- Zero footprint guardrail positioned on the outer edge of the concrete deck
- Modular car park barrier design
- Compliant to AS/NZS 2890.1: Parking Facilities – Off Street Car Parking
- Compliant to the 30kN impact load (Type F) described in AS/NZS 1170.1: Structural Design Actions
- Energy absorbing base plate design prevents damage to the concrete substrate
- Can be configured with a balustrade and anti-climb mesh infill when fall protection for pedestrians is required
- Only one (1) anchor fixing per post
- RHINO-STOP®️ Sky Edge FAQs
What is the finish of Rhino-Stop® Sky-Edge?
RHINO-STOP®️ Sky-Edge posts and w-beam guardrails are hot dip galvanised. Powder-coating of w-beam guardrails is an optional extra.
How does Rhino-Stop® Sky-Edge function?
RHINO-STOP®️ Sky-Edge w-beam guardrail safety barrier is positioned on the outside edge of a concrete footing and features specially engineered base plates that are designed to yield upon impact and absorb the kinetic energy of the impacting vehicle. This reduces the forces transferred through the anchor bolts and prevents damage to the concrete substrate.
How does Rhino-Stop® Sky-Edge conserve floor space?
By positioning RHINO-STOP®️ Sky-Edge on the outside edge of the concrete footing, there is no encroachment onto the deck space, effectively providing a zero footprint barrier. This allows more deck space to be utilised for parking. The installed position of the w-beam guardrail is vertically aligned with the edge of slab.