Modular car park guardrail safety barrier system providing heavy duty protection and designed for high speed impacts.
RHINO-STOP® 240 Guardrail
- Full-scale crash tested car park guardrail barrier
- Heavy duty protection – designed for high speed impacts up to 30kph
- Modular design
- Compliant to AS/NZS 2890.1: Parking Facilities – Off Street Car Parking
- Compliant to the 240kN impact load described in AS/NZS 1170.1: Structural Design Actions
- Energy absorbing base plate design prevents damage to the concrete substrate
- Can be configured with a balustrade and anti-climb mesh infill when fall protection for pedestrians is required
- Only two (2) anchor fixings per post
- RHINO-STOP 240 FAQs
What is the finish of Rhino-Stop® 240?
RHINO-STOP 240 posts and w-beam guardrails are hot dip galvanised. Powder-coating of w-beam guardrails is an optional extra.
How does Rhino-Stop® 240 work?
RHINO-STOP 240 w-beam guardrail safety barrier features specially engineered base plates that are designed to yield upon impact and absorb the kinetic energy of the impacting vehicle. This reduces the forces transferred through the anchor bolts and prevents damage to the concrete substrate.
What crash testing has been performed with Rhino-Stop® 240?
RHINO-STOP 240 w-beam guardrail safety barrier has been crash tested to comply with and exceed the 240kN impact load described for Light Traffic Areas in AS/NZS 1170.1. The impact was performed with a 2000kg vehicle travelling at 29km/h. Testing was conducted on a single 4m w-beam guardrail panel supported by six (6) RHINO-STOP 240 posts at 800mm centres.