Pedestrian barrier designed to withstand low and moderate impact loads.
Road Pedestrian Barrier Fencing
- Manufactured to state road authority specifications
- Available as Type 1 or Type 5 pedestrian fence
- Designed to withstand low and moderate speed vehicle impact loads
- Channels pedestrians to safe crossing locations
- The orientation of the balustrades facilitates line-of-sight for passing motorists and pedestrians
- Posts are available for in-ground installation or mounted to base plates for attachment to a concrete strip footing.
- Hot dip galvanised and powder-coated black for aesthetic appeal
Road Pedestrian Fencing FAQs
What is the difference between Road Pedestrian Fencing and standard fencing?
The robust construction of Road Pedestrian Fencing prevents fence elements from becoming detached in the event of a vehicle impact. This important design feature distinguishes Road Pedestrian Fencing from common, lightweight fencing products, which could present an undue hazard to motorists and pedestrians if impacted.
How does Road Pedestrian Fencing function?
Road Pedestrian Fencing is commonly used to channel pedestrians to safe crossing locations and is suitable for installation on roadside median or verge applications.
Why are the balusters offset?
The offset construction of the balustrades facilitates line of sight through the fence. This allows motorists to detect pedestrian activity and adjust their travel accordingly. Similarly, pedestrians can view nearby vehicles in preparation for crossing the roadway.
What panel options are available?
Type 1 and Type 5 panels are held in stock.
What post options are available?
The steel supporting posts are available for installation in a concrete footing or mounted to a base plate for attachment to a concrete strip footing.
What is the spacing between posts?
Posts are typically installed at 2m centres.
Can the system be installed with a step between panels?
Yes. The panels are manufactured to provide 50mm adjustments to a maximum 200mm step between panels.
What is the finish of Road Pedestrian Fencing items?
Posts and panels are hot dip galvanised and powder-coated black.