Providing a smooth transition for connection between guardrail system and concrete parapet.
Guardrail Bridge Approaches
- Manufactured to state road authority specifications
- Provides a transition between w-beam guardrail system and concrete abutment
- Gradually increases stiffness of the system
- Reduces the potential for vehicle pocketing at the abutment
- Hot dip galvanised in accordance with AS/NZS 4680
- Bridge Approaches FAQs
When are Bridge Approaches required?
The connection of a guardrail barrier to a rigid structure such as a bridge abutment must gradually increase the lateral stiffness of the guardrail barrier to reduce the potential for vehicle pocketing.
What designs are available?
Bridge Approach designs are manufactured in accordance with Australian state road agency designs. Designs vary from state to state. Common designs include a transition from w-beam guardrail to thriebeam guardrail and a reduction in post spacing.
What is the finish of the Bridge Approaches guardrail items?
Posts, blocking pieces and guardrails are hot dip galvanised.
What are the Bridge Approaches made of?
Our Bridge Approaches for guardrails are made of Australian steel, with hot dip galvanised components.